Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎H‎ > ‎

Hueston's Mill

Hueston's Mill was built on Four Mile Creek in about 1809 by Joel Williams for Matthew Hueston, whose name is commemorated in the state park in the northwest part of Butler County. According to Mrs. Heiser, Hueston's gristmill and
sawmill was built "where the road south from Collinsville once crossed Four Mile." Hueston owned three and a quarter sections (1, 2, 11 and 12) in the northeast corner of Hanover Twp. (See Hueston House for more biographical information on Matthew Hueston.)


Return to Index
Comments