Heno -- also known as Madison City, Madison Junction and West Middletown -- was in Madison Township, west of Middletown. It was built in part in 1846 by John Mumma or John Munn, and recorded May 20, 1854, as Madison City. A post office was established as Heno Jan. 31, 1890, and changed to West Middletown April 5, 1907. The name is believed to have been taken from a popular tea, Heno Tea. Madison was named in honor of President James Madison, who occupied the White House from 1809 until 1817. The Madison House was a tavern and stagecoach stop operated by John Munn (or Mumma).