Hamilton Belt Railway Co. was Butler County's shortest railroad, 2.9 miles.
The industrial line was incorporated April 30, 1896, to "operate within the commercial limits of Hamilton." It looped from a connection with the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Indianapolis (originally the Junction Railroad) near Millville and Edgewood avenues to North B Street near Gordon Avenue and then along North B Street and the Great Miami River to near Wayne Avenue. Its purpose was the serve industries along its route with the Champion paper mill its prime customer. In November 1898 Champion shipped its first boxcar of paper from the B Street mill. Jan. 1, 1926, the Interstate Commerce Commission authorized the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad to take over operations of the Belt Line. Oct. 1, 1998, the Great Miami & Western Railway assumed switching operations at Champion, receiving and feeding cars to CSX via the Belt Line. (See Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railroad and the Junction Railroad.)