Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎G‎ > ‎

Griesmer Addition

Griesmer Addition, a subdivision annexed to Hamilton in 1920, was described in the 50th anniversary edition of the Journal-News as "a southwest extension of Lindenwald between the river and Pleasant Avenue." According to the 1930 plat book, it began in Section 5 of Fairfield Township. It extended east of Pleasant Avenue to Benninghofen Avenue, and north from Corwin Avenue to Williams Avenue. It includes the present streets of Griesmer, Chase, Clinton, Hooven, Fairview, Freeman, Forest, Laurel, Weller and Minor.


Return to Index
Comments