Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎F‎ > ‎

French's Mill

French's Mill was built in 1810 by Jeremiah French, apparently on the east side of Dry Fork Creek in Morgan Township, near the Ohio-Indiana border. It was called "the oldest mill in this part of the township" in the 1882 Butler County history, which placed it "three-quarters of a mile below Scipio" with. "an overshot wheel 18 feet in diameter."


Return to Index
Comments