Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎F‎ > ‎

Freeman's Station

Freeman's Station, or Freemansburg, was a station established in 1792 or 1793 by Abraham Freeman, about a half mile north of present LeSourdsville in Lemon Township on the road from Fort Hamilton, noted Richard Scamyhorn and John Steinle in Stockades in the Wilderness. The area was later called Freemansburg. Nearby was Freeman's Mill (see previous entry).


Return to Index
Comments