Forest Hills was a subdivision annexed to Hamilton in 1929. The Journal-News 50th anniversary edition described it as "that section west of South D Street and both sides of New London Pike and included Oak Park and the municipal golf course" (Potter's). The 1930 plat book placed it south of New London Road, including Maplewood Road, Elmwood Drive and Oakwood Road. Other sources place Forest Hills south of New London Road and Oak Park north of the same road in the Crescent Road area). Both up-scale subdivisions were developed by Ellis M. Potter, who donated the adjoining land for golf course. See Potter Park Golf Club for more details.