Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎F‎ > ‎

Fairsmith

Fairsmith -- later known as Smith's Station -- was a stop on the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railroad in Fairfield Township According to a map in the 1875 atlas, it was at the present Port Union Road crossing (overpass). It possibly was named for Amos Smith, a nearby property owner. Fairsmith was one of several CH&D stations or flag stops in the township, including, from north to south, Lindenwald, Schencks, Fairsmith, Jones or Stockton and Mulhauser.

Return to Index
Comments