Edgewood, then west of Hamilton, was a stop on the Junction Railroad (which operated between Hamilton and Indianapolis). Edgewood was in Section 30 of St. Clair Township at the present intersection of Millville and Edgewood avenues at Belt Line Junction in Hamilton. Edgewood subdivision -- which was between Millville Avenue, Main Street and the railroad -- was annexed to Hamilton in 1893. The subdivision grew around the Macneale & Urban Company, Hamilton's first safe factory, which opened in June 1890. The three-story brick factory was built between Millville and Edgewood avenues. Another section of Edgewood subdivision was east of Eaton Avenue, north of Park Avenue and Liberty Street and west of North E Street, including Elvin, Sherman and Progress avenues.