Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎E‎ > ‎

East Hamilton

East Hamilton was a community east of Hamilton, created with the building of the Mosler Safe Company in 1891 (see Mosler). It was a subdivision east of Mosler Avenue and the railroad to Deerfield Pike (later renamed Hancock Avenue and Tylersville Road) and south of High Street to Grand Boulevard and Imlay Avenue. East Hamilton -- which was annexed to Hamilton in 1908 -- was a passenger stop on the Pennsylvania Railroad (now Norfolk Southern).

Return to Index
Comments