Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎C‎ > ‎


Coliseum -- 128 North B Street, between B Street and Great Miami River at Wayne Avenue -- opened Jan. 18, 1906. The 115 by 85-foot frame building was swept away by the flood March 26, 1913. It operated as a sports and entertainment center, including roller skating, basketball, indoor polo, indoor baseball, political meetings, dances, concerts and other musical events. (See pp. 71-72 in Rossville by Jim Blount, published 1994.)

Return to Index