Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎C‎ > ‎

Campbell's Station

Campbell's Station was a frontier blockhouse built in 1793 on the east bank of the Great Miami River by John Campbell, a veteran of the American Revolution.

Its exact location is uncertain, according to Richard Scamyhorn and John Steinle in Stockades in the Wilderness (1986), who say it could have been in Colerain Township in Hamilton County or in Fairfield Township in Butler County.


Return to Index
Comments