Butler County Place Names‎ > ‎B‎ > ‎

Busenbark

Busenbark, or sometimes Busenback, is southwest of Trenton on the line between Sections 1 and 12 in St. Clair Township It was established in the 1850s as a station and wood and water stop on the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railroad on land obtained from Robert Busenbark and David Busenbark. Later, it also was a stop on the interurban system connecting Hamilton, Trenton, Middletown and Dayton, and the site of a generating plant for the Cincinnati & Miami Valley Traction Company, which started service in the summer of 1897. Some railroad schedules spelled the name Busenback instead of Busenbark. For definitive information, consult Where Was Busenbark by Doris L. Page, published in 1991.


Return to Index
Comments