Bethel Corner was in Oxford Township on U. S. 27 (Oxford-College Corner Road) at its intersection with Taylor Road, about a mile southeast of College Corner. It was the site of Bethel Church, dating to 1821. There were other Bethel churches in the county, including Bethel Chapel (or Indian Creek Church) established in June 1815 in Hanover Township and Bethel Church built at Seven Mile about 1852 by both the German Reformed and Lutheran sects.
Bethel (House of God) was an ancient city in the Old Testament in Palestine.
<br><center><a href="https://sites.google.com/a/lanepl.org/butler/home/b">Return to Index</a>