Beckett's Hall. The hall was at 200 or 202 High Street, northeast corner of High and North Second Streets in the building originally known as the Beckett Block. It was built in 1854 by Robert Beckett. The auditorium on the third floor was used for local and traveling stage shows and musical events, lectures, public and political meetings and conventions. It was used extensively into the 1870s. Most of the building was retail. It was purchased in 1856 by Henry Frechtling and William C. Frechtling, who with their heirs operated the Frechtling store for 78 years (1856-1934). Later, it was Wilmurs (1935-1967) and Elder-Beerman (1967-1996).