Beckett-Manrod House, 2019 Stillwell-Beckett Road, Hanover Township, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The web site of the Ohio Historic Preservation Office of the Ohio Historical Society says the "home is the best example of a house design found in Butler County which is probably the work of a single builder. All are two-story Federal style brick houses with Greek revival entryways that closely resemble a plate in Asher Benjamin's The Practical House Carpenter. This home was erected in 1836 for Robert Beckett, a prosperous farmer of Hanover Township. He was intimately involved in the early industrial development of Butler County. Beckett established a saw and grist mill on his property early in the 19th century and was a director and superintendent of one of the earliest toll roads in the county, the [nearby] Hamilton-Rossville-and Richmond Turnpike Co. He was also one of the incorporators of the Rossville Hydraulic Co. in 1846 which provided water power for a number of early Hamilton industries. William Beckett, Robert's son, lived in the house until he attended Miami University in 1844. Following the influence of his father, he moved to Hamilton and helped establish a paper mill in 1848 . . . the Beckett Paper Co. [see entry for Beckett Paper Co.]. He subsequently became the director of the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Dayton Railroad and the Junction Railroad. The Beckett family owned the house until 1877 when it was sold to James F. Chalfant. In 1899 the Preacher Relief Society of the Cincinnati Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church purchased it."