My Notes & PowerPoint Files
Articles authored or co-authored by David L. Streiner
- Stats Calculator from University of Toronto's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine. It includes the following options:
- Diagnostic Test - calculates the Sensitivity, Specificity, PPV, NPV, LR+, and LR-
- Prospective Study - calculates the Relative Risk (RR), Absolute Relative Risk (ARR), and Number Needed to Treat (NNT)
- Case-control Study - calculates the Odds Ratio (OR)
- Randomized Control Trial (RCT) - calculates the Relative Risk Reduction (RRR), ARR, and NNT
- John Pezzullo's Interactive Statistical Calculation Pages. This is a great site with lots of links to good online calculators.
- GraphPad's QuickCalcs page--another site with some very nice calculators.
- StatTools. A collection of statistical programs used in clinical research and
- OpenEpi -- Open Source Epidemiologic Statistics for Public Health.
- AFMC Primer on Population Health: A virtual textbook on Public Health concepts for clinicians.
- The ERIC Notebook. Originally published from 1999 through 2008 as an electronic epidemiology newsletter by the Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC) at the Durham Veterans Administration Medical Center in conjunction with the Department of Epidemiology at UNC's Gillings School of Global Public Health.
- Web Site for the Society, the Individual, and Medicine (SIM) component of the U of Ottawa Medical Curriculum. Includes nice pages for:
- Author Checklist, from the Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University.
- CONSORT Statement Website -- Transparent Reporting of RCTs.
- The EQUATOR Network -- Enhancing the QUAlity and Transparency Of health Research. Thanks to Meg Sears and Lynn Marshall for alerting me to this site.
- GRADE -- Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation
- Stats & Epi resources from HealthKnowledge.org.
- Statistics Reviews from the journal Critical Care.
- Stats for the Health Professional, from medscape.com. Requires a (free) membership.
- Epidemiology chapter from the Family Practice Notebook.
- Jerry Dallal's Little Handbook of Statistical Practice.
- Health statistics Tools of the Trade. Statistical Measurements, Data Analysis, Charts and Graphs, and Data Collection/Processing.
- Robert Wolfe's notes on confounding and effect modification. [Unfortunately, the old link no longer works. I'm trying to find out if these excellent notes are still online somewhere.]
- Confounding, Stratification and Multivariate Analysis Made Simple -- a presentation by Dr. K. J. Jager, Department of Medical Informatics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. [Note that Dr. Jager uses multivariate here to mean multiple explanatory variables, not multiple outcome variables.]
- The STROBE Statement. STROBE: Strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology.
- Dissertation Blues, a statistical poem by Peter Flom.
Last modified on 20-Jan-2014.