Directorate of Postgraduate Affairs (DPGA)
The Directorate of Postgraduate Affairs (DPGA) is regarded as the administrative reference for postgraduate studies department in faculties and higher institutes. It is a subdivision of the office of Vice President for Higher Education and Scientific Research which connects and correlates with the department of research and development at Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research-KRG. Postgraduate programs are actually resident in the various faculties and departments of Koya University. The Directorate delivers all scientific affairs that are related to the Koya University lecturers and give the professional research support services to postgraduate students and their supervisors and coordinates postgraduate research endeavors in all faculties. The main function of the directorate is to coordinate all matters related to the provision of scientific affairs and higher education beyond the first degree. In other words, it is dedicated to administer all the aspects related to the Doctorate, Master and Specialties Programs.
Enhancing and preserving the quality of the scientific affairs and postgraduate studies offered by Koya University is the core of our mission. It also strive to introduce a package of vitalizing and planning new scientific breakthroughs and postgraduate programs which ensure an active interaction between local market and the university. Our research and learning environment is unique in its approach of encouraging critical thinking. delivering an up to date research quality, providing an agile research monitoring, commitment to the research ethics, fostering research development in accordance with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Researches regulations
Duties of the Directorate
- Surveillance of the faculty members at Koya University who are qualified in the field of instruction and supervision, as well as the admission plans set for the postgraduate studies courses.
- Coordination with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research for authentication and approval in due time.
- Issuance of the M.Sc. and PhD Certificates
- Contributing and expressing the opinions in the preparation of regulations for admission to postgraduate studies for the following academic year and that in the months of April and May and in coordination with the Ministry.
- Preparing sections of postgraduate Studies at the University formations to receive requests for higher education during June to the end of December.
- Receive all applications from the university formations and studying, sorting and consolidating them in preparation for the results and announce the names of the admitted students for the next academic year, and inform the ministry, during September and October.
- Issuing orders to graduate and undergraduate students and discussions of Ph.D. students, throughout the year.
- Delivering instructions, orders and generalizations related to postgraduate affairs to the colleges and higher institutes at the university and answer their questions and comments or submit them to the ministry to answer them, throughout the year.
- Preparing the statistics and tables that belong to the postgraduate studies and students.
- Full documentation of the data of the graduate and save them, throughout the year.
- Answering the queries of postgraduate students and their complaints and observations in coordination with the Ministry and the University formations, throughout the year.
- Communicating the results of ratifications of records of the University Council to colleges and higher institutes with regard to higher studies as its ownership, throughout the year.
- Preparing the cases of students and finding solutions and sending them to the University Council.
- Preparing a method of the committee of the University Council to consider the issues referred to it.
- Preparing of the records of the Committee and forwarding them after being approved by the presidency of the university to the Secretariat of the university Council for consideration.
Keep Updated about:
The director of the DPGA is Dr.-Ing. Rastee D. Ali