The Human Capacity Development Program in Higher Education (HCDP
) is an ambitious program that aims to develop human capacities in Kurdistan Region in the field of higher education.
The HCDP aims at:
- Train a highly skilled young generation in various fields of science and technology without whom Kurdistan cannot progress.
- Build and develop human resources capable of leading the restructuring process of the system of Higher Education and Scientific Research. This restructured system will be designed to meet current needs of the Kurdistan Region.
- Meet the needs of the Region’s free market economy for trained, specialised and highly qualified leaders and modernisers in all sectors of the Region’s economy;
- Benefit from the experiences and expertise of technologically developed and advanced nations to help in the process of knowledge transfer;
- Promote excellence in scientific research within the Kurdish universities and technical institutes through linking with the leading international universities which the Ministry has identified; As in the case of similar programs in other developing countries, the HCDP will be a significant step towards establishing a Kurdish scientific community that contributes to human knowledge.Training of highly skilled young generation in various fields of science and technology without whom Kurdistan cannot develop and progress.
Building and developing human resources capable of leading the process of restructuring and reforming the system of Higher Education and Scientific Research to meet current needs of Kurdistan Region.