PHS will sign up for TN Promise on September 16,17,18 (during REACH in the Library)
Oct. 23- TN Promise meeting (10:00am in Auditorium)
March 25- TN Promise meeting Mandatory (5:30pm in Gym) CANCELLED
Community Service Requirements
WHAT are the deadlines for submitting my community service?
Complete and submit 8 hours by each deadline!
*Summer semester/trimester deadlines only apply to students attending a TCAT or students choosing to enroll full time in a summer semester at a community college or eligible four-year institution. Only students attending a TCAT may utilize TN Promise in the summer term directly following high school graduation and must meet the April 1 deadline.
**Students attending South College are required to submit 8 hours prior to each quarter. Contact email@example.com for specific deadlines.
***Class of 2020 high school seniors can begin working on their first 8 hours on November 2, 2019.
WHAT COUNTS AS COMMUNITY SERVICE?
Community service is time contributed to a nonprofit or public service organization. The community should be benefitting from the work you do!
Students can also volunteer in their field of interest to gain experience. This means that job shadowing may count toward your community service requirement.
Make sure you are volunteering with an actual organization (not an individual), you are not being paid, you are being supervised by someone who is not a family member and your activity does not include proselytizing (sharing faith).
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS?
All community service hours must be submitted through the community service online form found here. After submitting your community service hours, you will receive a confirmation email.
Meet Cameron Robinson and learn why he finds community service important!
Can i job shadow for my community service?
Want to learn more about a particular career field you would like to pursue in college? Complete a job shadowing experience, which can count toward your eight hours of community service. Job shadowing allows you to spend time with professionals in your career field of interest.
How to complete a job shadowing placement:
- Find a job shadowing opportunity below in your field of interest. Click here for a full list of job shadowing opportunities.
- Complete the job shadowing request form. Students must complete this form to participate. Do not contact the employer directly.
- tnAchieves will follow up with you via email.
Tennessee Community Colleges
Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCATs)
Public Universities with Eligible Two - Year Programs*
Private Colleges with Eligible Two - Year Programs*
How to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You first will need to create an FSA ID. This ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and serves as your legal signature for your FAFSA. You will create one & your parent/legal guardian will be required to create their own FSA ID as well in order to sign your FAFSA. To create your FSA ID, please click here. If you need help creating your FSA ID, please call 1-800-557-7394.
- On or after October 1, 2019 students will visit www.fafsa.gov. This is the official FAFSA site. DO NOT complete the application at www.fafsa.com or any other website that asks you for a fee. The deadline to submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA for TN Promise students is February 1, 2020.
- Make sure to select the 2020-2021 FAFSA application.
- You will utilize 2018 tax information. If you or your parent/guardian has not completed 2017 taxes at the time of FAFSA completion, you must select "I will file my taxes," file the 2020-2021 FAFSA based on estimations and later update your FAFSA with the filed tax information.
- If you have questions while completing your FAFSA, click here or contact the FAFSA helpline at 1-800-433-3243.