Numpon is currently doing research and teaching at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University, Thailand. His expertise is in the fields of design and manufacturing of lightweight materials technology. The main focus of his work is in the innovative process development of high-value systems and products in the growing markets. Numpon believes in creativity, innovation, collaboration, leadership, and ethics.
- Assistant Professor (2015 - Present), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University (KKU), Thailand.
- Associate Director (2011 - 2015), Institute of Learning and Teaching Innovation (ILTI), Khon Kaen University (KKU), Thailand.
- Lecturer (2010 - 2015), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University (KKU), Thailand.
Honors and Awards
- The 2018 Blackall Machine Tool and Gage Award, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), June 18-22, 2018.
- Good Design Award (G-Mark) 2014 Winner, Japan Institute of Design Promotion, Japan, 2014.
- Design Excellence Award (DEmark) 2014 Winner, Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government, 2014.
- Honorable Mention Award, Research, and Development Concept Competition, CAT Telecom Public Company Limited, 2011.
- Best Student Presentation Award, Best Paper Award, North American Deep Drawing Research Group (NADDRG) Symposium, November 15-16, 2007.
- Third Place in Student Manufacturing Design Competition, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 5-11, 2005.
- Tau Beta Pi The Engineering Honor Society Member, Northwestern University (NU), 2005.
- Pi Tau Sigma Honorary Mechanical Engineering Fraternity Member, Northwestern University (NU), 2005.
- Ford Motor Company Undergraduate Research Grant Recipient, Northwestern University (NU), 2003-2004.
- The Ministry of Science, Technology, and Environment Award, the Royal Thai Government Scholarship Recipient, 2000.