Register for the January 21st SAT or subject exams. Cost is $45.00 for SAT only and $57.00 for SAT with essay. Students on free and reduced lunch may get a fee waiver from Mrs Gomer in room F-204. The deadline is Wednesday, December 21st. Late registration goes through January 10th and costs an additional $28.00. Fee waivers can be used for late registration with no additional fee. Register at collegeboard.org and pay on-line with a credit card. Our school code is 120218. Please click on the following link for step-by-step instructions: SAT Registration step-by-step
Seniors should be exploring colleges and looking at requirements. Make an appointment in the College and Career Center (F-204), to discuss them. Please click on the link below (Assessing Your List of Colleges), or read 'Factors to Consider when Choosing a College' in your College Planning Packet to ask yourself what you are looking for when assessing colleges:
Create a master list or calendar that includes:
• tests you’ll take and their fees, dates and registration deadlines
• college application due dates
• financial aid application forms required and their deadlines (aid applications may be due before college applications)
• other materials you’ll need (recommendations, transcripts, etc.)
• your high school’s own application processing deadlines
• If you can’t afford application or test fees, college counselor Mrs Gomer can help you request a fee waiver.
FAFSA= Free Application for Federal Student Aid
In order to submit a FAFSA both the student and parent will need a FSA ID, which consists of a user-created username and password. This allows users to electronically access personal information on Federal Student Aid Web sites as well as electronically sign a FAFSA. This needs to be completed prior to filling out the FAFSA and should be done prior to October 1st. Create it now! Clink on the link below:
Welcome Class of 2017!