Race Information and Schedule
September 15, 2018
Thank you for your interest in attending the Kiski Cavalier/Saucony and Gingerbread Man Running Company XC Invitational! We have a great course (marked with flags, chutes, and double paint lines) and great competition. Below you will find the race schedule. Please be prompt and plan accordingly so we can run an efficient meet.
8:00 AM Course Open for Walking
9:00 AM Packet Pick Up
9:15 AM Coaches Meeting
9:20 AM Varsity Boys Report to Starting Line
9:25 AM National Anthem
9:30 AM Varsity Boys Start
10:00 AM Varsity Girls Start
10:30 AM Junior Varsity Boys Start
11:00 PM Junior Varsity Girls Start
11:30 PM Junior High Boys 3K
11:50 PM Junior High Girls 3K
- Top Two Varsity Teams AAA/-Large School (Based on PIAA enrollment)
- Top Two Varsity Teams AA/A-Small School (Based on PIAA enrollment)
- Top Twenty Individuals in each Varsity Race
- Top 10 Individuals in each Junior Varsity Race
- Top Junior High Team
- Top Ten Junior High Individuals
Coaches' Meeting: During the coaches' meeting we will address any concerns about the course, awards, start times, etc. The meet management retains the right to change the course, race order, race designations, etc. if conditions warrant.
Refreshments and T-Shirts: Tee-shirts will be sold by Gingerbread Man Running Company. Kiski Area Cross Country Boosters will run a concession stand.
Restrooms and Garbage: There are Park restrooms located throughout the facility and also Port-a-Johns. Each team should bring garbage bags. We are guest of the park and would like to continue to use this facility. We have actually had a discussion about creating a Cross Country venue designated specifically for cross country races.
Race Management and Scoring: Runners are instructed to follow the course line, marker arrows, marker flags and cones throughout the course. General Instructions regarding the cones and course markings:
- Run between any PAIRS of cones or flags; but if the line directs you between a single cone or flag and the road, stay between the marker and the road!
- Various points of the course will be marked with two white lines. Stay between the lines.
- After walking the course please inform race management of any confusing areas on the course. We will do our best to alleviate your concerns. Otherwise, it is the responsibility of the runner to know the course.