Ms. Ellis's Classroom Newsletter
What we will be learning:
Spelling: Short Vowels
- list comes home first day of the school week- watch Seesaw for student's spelling words
- Spelling City is a great place to practice spelling words.
- The test will be on Friday with 2 dictation sentences.
Reading: A Fine, Fine Day
Essential Question: How is learning at school different from learning at home.
Target Skill: Story Structure, Analyze Illustrations
Target Strategy: Summarize
Phonics: words with vccv pattern
Grammar: simple sentences
Vocabulary strategy: context clues
Writing: Narrative Writing: descriptive paragraph
Focus Trait: elaboration
Math: Multiplication and Meaning of Factors
- Understand "equal groups of" as multiplication
- Relate multiplication to the array model
- Interpret the meaning of factors - the size of the group or the number of groups
- Understand the meaning of the unknown as the size of the group in division
- Tuesday: Addition
- Thursday: Subtraction
- Monday and Wednesday: Multiplication
- Social Studies:
- Map Skills
- Like Stone Creek School on Facebook
- Like Roscoe PTO on Facebook
- Box Tops are digital now, please download the app. Simply scan your receipt. It is super easy to use!