- Edit /etc/hosts to serve your local site from local.www.khanacademy.org
- Boom! It works.
More Elaborate Hack:
Last modified: 28 March 2012
This is a draft from my memory. Please edit if you go through the process.
To test Facebook integration on the dev server:
Setup a test GAE app (e.g. marcia-moo.appspot.com). This is not strictly necessary by can be used to expose differences between dev and production.
If you do this, you will need(?) to edit your
/etc/hosts to point
Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps, and create a Facebook test app (eg. marciums). Note your Facebook app ID and secret (for step 7).
- Click the Edit App button.
- Scroll down, and find this option. You want to allow people to log into your test GAE app using Facebook!
- Click on it, add your test GAE app URL. (csilvers: I think, despite the image below, you need to enter
If you did not set up an appspot account in step 1, you can use
http://localhost.mit.edu:8080/ as the site URL here.
- Don't forget to save!
- Create secrets.py in the top-level dir containing:
facebook_app_id = 'YOUR_ID'
facebook_app_secret = 'YOUR_SECRET'
- Run the dev server.
- Visit your dev server via marcia-moo.appspot.com:8080 (or localhost.mit.edu:8080 -- but run
host localhost.mit.edu first to make sure it still points to
- To test on a production equiv server, push to marcia-moo.appspot.com and test against that.