It was a dark and stormy night -- so curl up by the fire and peruse our library of blog posts! (Doesn't this inspire you to add yours?)
TODO(david): index/categorize/link to technical/design blog posts from the main KA blog.
- Ben Kamens: Pretty much everything on Ben's blog is relevant in some way to Khan Academy. Go and read it. "He's a monster!" (Quoted from Ben Komalo)
- App Engine: performance 1, performance 2, fast and slow queues, layer cache, more caching
- Interns: mentorship at Khan, Fall '11 interns, Summer '11 interns, Summer '12 interns
- Culture: fixit day, speed, shipping is a drug, messy solutions work, be embarrassed about what you don't have
- interpreting data , GAE/Bingo graphs, have right to punt, culture of 1.0, interviews
- code reviews: required code reviews, as relationship builders, why socially difficult
- new launches: sharing Khan stories, phantom users, consecutive day badges, connecting students, v1 API, youtube syncing, profiles (v1, Jan 11), summatives, badges (behaviour, real-time framework, feedback), sprints, knowledge map, video view stats
- random technical tips: jQuery's .end(), jQuery waypoints plugin, pickles and memcache, time zones, profiling client-side perf, JS/CSS packaging
- Khan Academy misc: immediate feedback, from SVN to hg and Kiln, allow unregistered users?, what we're doing is obvious
- the pragmatic programmer: laughing at code, deleting code, cannot multitask
- open-source tools: GAE/Bingo split testing, app engine mini profiler (temporary redirects)
- teaching/education: teachers be fearless, Khan Academy in the classroom, reaction to worried commenters
- Jason Rosoff: Ship or Die
- Miss Marcia Lee: A work in progress for a person in progress
- John Resig
- Desmond Brand: Yet another coder blog
- Joel Burget: I like software and dinosaurs, I'm a simple man.
- Marcos Ojeda (personal blog, but sometimes blogs about nerdly things)
- David Hu: a human being currently living on Earth
- Jace Kohlmeier: Thoughts on data science, education, and economics.
- Tom Yedwab: Arguing with Algorithms
- Stephanie H. Chang: stchangg.com
- Michael Chang: azure sky
Someone needs to write a blog post on the /exercisedashboard?k incident last summer!