New Student Registration Information

Welcome to King George County! We hope you love it as much as we do! 

New Student Registration. Click here for a printable version of this page. 

Step 1: Make an appointment. 

Please call your child's school of residence to schedule an appointment for a registration meeting. We are unable to accommodate walk ins. Need to know your child's attendance zone? Visit the KGCS transportation webpage for more information. If you are requesting a variance, you must begin the registration process at your zoned school. 

Step 2: At the registration appointment, you will need to bring the following: 
  • Proof of Residency in King George 
In order to attend King George County Schools, students and their parent(s)/guardian(s) must be bona fide residents living in King George County. This means the family lives and sleeps in King George County. All documents must be current, valid, and reflect the address being used to enroll the student. If there are questions or concerns regarding the residency of a student, KGCS may request additional documentation.

Documentation must include
one of the following:
homeowner/mortgage verification to include mortgage statement, deed, ratified sales agreement; and/or rental agreement/lease;

one of the following:
real estate tax bill/statement, homeowner's/renter's insurance, current utility bill or letter of account from utility company (gas, electric, or water only).
  • Original Birth Certificate 
Copies are not acceptable. If you need a new birth certificate in Virginia, information can be found at the Virginia Office of Vital Records. DMV is also now able to assist in obtaining new birth certificates. 
  • Parent/Guardian Government issued picture ID
Examples include passport, driver's license, military ID card. This is to verify the identity of the enrolling parent.
  • Grade Report from previous school
Transcript (MS/HS) or report card (ES/MS); KGCS will request all other documents directly from the previous school at the time of enrollment.
  • Copy of student IEP or 504 (if applicable)
  • Custody Papers (if applicable)
        Powers of Attorney, notarized guardianship papers, and other similar documents are not accepted for enrollment in KGCS. Custody must be             
adjudicated with the courts prior to enrollment.     

Step 3: Complete the attached registration packet and bring it to the registration appointment. 
    • Student Registration and Information Sheet
    • Verification of Residency Form - New or Change of Address
    • School Entrance Health Form
    • TB Risk Assessment Form
    • Primary Nighttime Residence Questionnaire
    • Media Release Form
    • Criminal Conviction and Juvenile Delinquency Affirmation
    • Depending on your child's enrollment needs, there may be additional forms required. Any other forms will be provided during the registration appointment.