- All rules in the student handbook will be strictly enforced.
- NO BYOD! Cell phones will be confiscated and turned in to the office if they are seen out or make noise during class. Turn them off – put them away.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Use appropriate language.
- Hands and feet to yourself.
- Follow directions.
- Treat learning time with respect
- Use the bathroom and get water before coming to class. Students may not leave class during instructional time. Exceptions made for emergencies only. School policy does not allow students to leave class during first or last 10 minutes ever.
- Be prepared – come to class with all materials ready and organized. Get started on the warm-up as soon as you come in and sit down before the bell rings.
- Be engaged – pay attention and work hard – your effort leads to mastery.
- Treat our classroom with respect
- No food in class.
- The only drink you can have is water in a clear bottle with a secure lid.
- Clean up after yourself – put things back where they belong.
Negative consequences for violating classroom rules include:
- Phone Call / Email Home
- Referral to administrator
Positive consequences for meeting classroom expectations include:
- Verbal praise
- Written praise
- Phone Call / Email home
- Academic Success
- Respect from Teachers and Peers
Ms. Bardenett's Schedule
Block 1: Algebra 1 Part 1
Block 2 : AFDA
Block 3: Planning
Block 4: Algebra 1 Part 1
I am available most days after school for tutoring.
Tutoring is also provided on
Thursdays from 2:35 - 4:00
by volunteers in room 173.
Interims End of Grading Period Report Cards
August 29 September 20 September 20
October 15 November 1 November 4
November 26 December 20 December 20
January 28 February 19 February 19
March 13 April 3 April 3
April 30 May 22 Mailed Home
Tests: 100 points
Classwork: up to 10 points
Quizzes: 5-50 points
Projects: up to 100 points
Tests & Projects: up to 100 points
Classwork: up to 10 points
Quizzes: up to 50 points
A 100 - 90
B 89 - 80
C 79 - 70
D 69 - 60
F 59 & <
Late Work Policy
Classwork and homework must be completed on time for FULL credit.
If you have an excused absence, you will have 3 days to complete and turn in missed notes/assignments/assessments.
Use I/E or after-school office hours to make up missed work after you have been absent.
(540) 775-3535 x2164
The best way to contact me is email. If the phone is better for you, then the best time to call is after school between 3:00 and 4:00. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, need an update or want help with anything!
Algebra I provides a formal development of the algebraic skills and concepts necessary for students to succeed in advanced courses. In particular, the instructional program in this course provides for the use of algebraic skills in a wide range of problem-solving situations.
Parents, guardians, and students are able to access grades at any time to track their progress! How great is that? In the links above, you will see one for Power School - use that link to sign in and see how you're doing. If you have trouble accessing your account, please contact your guidance counselor. If you have questions about what you see, please feel free to send me an email!
I graduated from Franklin & Marshall College with a degree in astrophysics. I have also taught in Philadelphia and Baltimore. I am very happy to be teaching here in King George. I am committed to my students' success and am here to help you!