Due Dates of KHS Senior Project Components:
September 25, 2015 - Statement of Intent due to English Teacher
October 30, 2015 - Mentor / Expert Interview Completed
November 6, 2015 - Reflection Paper Completed
December 6, 2015 - Research Paper Completed
TBA - Final Portfolio turned in to English Teacher
TBA - KHS Panel Presentations
RUBRIC FOR CLASS OF 2015 SENIOR PROJECT CAN BE FOUND ON DOCUMENTS PAGE
Components of the Kellogg High School Senior Project include a public presentation, a visual aid and a portfolio.
- Cover letter (business letter format)
- The Statement of Intent (business letter format)
- Research Paper
- Interview questions and notes from interview
- Notes from interview with Mentor's signature
- Reflection paper from the mentor/expert interview
- The log of hours spent completing the project or graphic/photo documentation of a product.
- Students should dress professionally for the presentation. This means dress as if going to a job interview in your "Sunday best".
- Students will give an 8-10 minute oral presentation on the project, explaining what they did and what they learned.
- Presentation will incorporate two criteria (career, academic, community service, or personal growth) into presentation.
- Presentation must include visuals or sample products, if applicable. Multimedia (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc) is strongly recommended.
- Technology must be compatible with KHS.
Presentation Date for Senior Projects is May 8, 2015.
Arrive early for your appointment dressed in professional business attire.