- CAST- not-for-profit
education organization that uses technology to make education
accessible for all students, especially those with disabilities.
- Discipline Help - discipline strategies from The Master Teacher for home and school.
- Education World/Parent Archives - timely articles about sibling rivalry, test anxiety, and handling difficult teens.
- The Homework Spot - website to help parents help their students be successful.
- Mathematics Glossary - definitions of mathematical terms in both English and Spanish.
- Misunderstood Minds - PBS website dedicated to understanding learning disorders.
- NC General Assembly -links to current legislator e-mail boxes and information about pending bills
- NC Public Schools - the NCDPI Web site for the North Carolina educational community
- NC Wise Owl - On-line teacher, parent, and student resources sponsored by NC Public Schools
- One Tough Job - Parenting tips sponsored by the Massachusetts Children's Fund
Reading Rockets -
information about teaching students to read, especially those that
struggle. Extensive resource list of other literacy websites.
- Schwab Learning - a parents guide to helping students with difficulties