- Obtain a USB headset that includes a microphone from your technology facilitator.
- Make sure Audacity software is working on your laptop.
- Download the How to Podcast handout for reference during this activity.
- Download the Podcast Planning sheet to have on hand when you facilitate classroom podcasts.
1. Do some research. Read these explanations of Podcasting:
2. Summarize what you've read. Be sure to answer the question, "What is a Podcast?" in your answer.
3. Listen to some examples of podcasts:
- Learning in Hand
- iTunes - open your iTunes software on your laptop and
locate the podcast category. I recommend TedTalks or something in your
4. Create your own podcast:
Use the Podcast planning sheet in the 'How to Podcast"
handout to design a curriculum lesson that includes in a podcasting
activity for your students.
a copy of this lesson and a sample Podcast to the Technology Director to earn credit for this unit.
GabCast - Record by phone (great if you don't have a headset available!)
Posterous - for posting quickly from your cell phone
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.