Welcome to the Sutherland Counseling Department
Who We Are:
- Ms. Lisa Wright: Counselor for students last names A - K
- Mr. Cabell Guy: Counselor for students last names L - Z
- Ms. Lauren Servis: School Psychologist
- Ms. Laura Saulle: Office Associate
What We Do:
- Counsel individuals and groups and provide guidance to students regarding their personal, social, educational, and vocational concerns.
- Consult with parents, teachers, administrators and other support personnel regarding individual students.
- Orient new students to Sutherland.
- Work closely with the community by interpreting the school and guidance program to the community and to the parents.
- Maintain and update student records.
- Participate in case conferences on individual students.
- Assist in referring students with special problems to sources of help.
- Interpret standardized test scores to students, parents and teachers.
- Assist in the registration and scheduling of students.
- Work cooperatively with administration and teachers.
ACPS School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The school counseling program is an integral part of the total educational process and is a shared responsibility of the entire school community. The professional school counselor collaborates with other school professionals in helping students learn. A successful program requires the support and participation of all school personnel, parents, guardians, outside agencies, and the community at large.
Our mission as school counselors is to provide a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program that will assist all students in acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners. The school counseling program supports the school's academic mission by promoting and enhancing the learning process for all students through an integration of academic, career and personal/social development.
The program's ultimate goal is for all students to graduate with the competencies necessary to make self-directed, realistic and responsible decisions and to be successful contributors to society.