The caraway seeds in this bread reminds me of when were were very very young, my mom gave us gripe water. Plus the zest of orange, it left a refreshing taste. This is from the Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Bread.
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
Zest of 1 orange, grated
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 package yeast
2 cups of bread flour
1. Boil water, sugar, orange, butter and caraway seeds for 3 minutes.
2. Mix 1 cup of water, yeast and the boiled ingredients (after cooled).
3. Knead well and let it rise for 1 hour.
4. Add rest of flour slowly and knead well.
5. Shape into loaf pan and let proof for 1 hour.
6. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour
This bread is so easy to eat, we had ate 3/4 loaf in the morning. Eat it plain or just put tuna, taste just as a good...