Using the Sugarless Loaf recipe, decided to add less sugar, less butter to get a healthier loaf of bread.
Recipe from Magic Bread by Alex Goh
Water Roux Starter (Gelanitized dough)
100g Bread Flour
70g Boiling water
Mix well and leave to cool, refrigerate for 12 hours
Overnight Sponge Dough
100g bread flour
1/4 instant yeast
Mix well and proof for 1/2 hour, refrigerate for 12 hours
350g bread flour
9 g salt
20g milk powder
6g instant yeast
200g cold water
I just returned from a trip, and going away again. I wanted to make white bread that will last us for the week and easy to make. Using my newly acquired Pullman Pan Loaf, I decided to do the Sugarless Loaf recipe, with less hydration, as the previous recipe seems more wet.
1. Mix the dough ingredients, and the overnight sponge dough except butter.
2. Mix in the starter, and mix well.
3. Add in butter last to make the dough smooth.
4. Let proof for 1 hour, till double
5. Divide the dough into 1/2 - I wanted to split into 2 pullman pan but it was not enough to fill up the pan. Round all the dough and lest rest for 10 mintues
6. Flatten the dough and roll like a swiss roll. Let rest for another 10 minutes
7. Flatten the dough and roll again like a swiss roll.
8. Put into the buttered loaf pan.
9. Let the dough rise till 90% ( It fills up the pan very well this time)
10. Bake at 220 degree celsius, for 30 minutes.
The loaf came out golden brown, lovely sandwich bread and the taste was just right, no sugar, but does taste the sweetness of the loaf, less butter helps as the taste is not too strong. With a little less water, it appears dryer but still good and chewy. This is probably going to be my favorite white loaf.