Salmon is the easiest to bake, and the taste is good just simply with olive oil and salt. This is one the dishes highly recommended for "Cooking as Easy as ABC", something for a first timer who wishes to get a good dish quickly and taste good as well.
Salmon as mentioned is the easiest I find so far, easy to bake, something that I will start with if I don't really know how to cook. I've done a lot of salmon 13 years ago when I was pregnant. Well, I wanted something healthy, I needed calcium and omega 3 for myself and my baby. My husband decided that I needed to have my fish, and told me salmon is the best. I think I have 1 or 2 salmon a week. Ever since that, I've made my salmon with simple ingredients such as olive oil, salt and dried parsley leaves. Put into the oven to bake. Easy. Half an hour and I get my delicious, tasty and healthy meal for me and my baby.
13 years later, I'm quite sick of eating the same way of preparation for salmon. Needed to refresh a little. I did my research on Allrecipes.com. I took a few ideas here and there, and decided to concoct my own here. Well, my conclusion is, I like it. That's why I'm sharing here.
1. Clean the 2 salmon pieces. There are times when the gill is not cleaned properly. But for salmon, its easy because the gills are large. use a small steak knife and go against the gill, You'll be able to clean off the gills in no time. Leave to dry.
2. In a small bowl, add honey, mustard (I use the seeded type here), soya sauce (just normal chinese soya sauce), dill, black pepper, and red pepper powder, mix well. Take a taste of it. it should be a little sweet, spice up by the mustard and pepper. Scoop this mixture and brush onto the salmon on both sides thoroughly.
3. Chop up the cloves, shallots into small pieces. For the ginger, cut and chop into mince. Spread them on top of the salmon.
4. Cut 2 slices of lemon and lay on top of the cloves, shallots, ginger.
5. Put into aluminum foil, seal it and set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven for 200 degrees. (if your oven tends to be off by about 10-20 degrees, you may have to bake a little longer.)
7. Put the salmon in the aluminum foil covered into the oven for 10 minutes. (put into the middle of the oven).
8. Open up the aluminum foil for the next 10 minutes.
9. The garlic may brown a little, you will see the juice sizzling at the bottom of the foil, the salmon is cooked when they turned light pink all over.
10. Serve with potato salad, boiled spinach, and baked mushroom. (or any other side dish that you like) Remember to scoop the sauce and pour over the salmon, don't waste any bit of it.
(for 2 persons)
2 pieces of Salmon Fish - 180g
1 tsp of Honey
1 tsp of Mustard
1 tsp of Soya Sauce
2 dash of dill
2 dash of black pepper
2 dashes of red pepper powder (a little spicy if you like, add a little more, if you don't like, exclude it)
3 cloves of garlic
1 small piece of ginger
2 slices of lemon
Comments and Forums
The gadget spec URL could not be found