November 11 - Veterans' Day
November 12 - Veterans' Day (Observed)
November 16 - 2nd Quarter Midterm
November 19 - Grades 3-5 Musical 1:30 pm and 7:00 pm
November 21 - 23 - No School; Thanksgiving Break
November 29 - School Board Meeting 7:30 pm
December 19 - School Board Meeting 7:30 pm
December 24 - January 2 - No School; Christmas Break
Life Skill Education Program
As part of our social behavior/character building education, Fort Jennings Elementary students will be taught a set of 18 life skills throughout the year. Every two weeks we will emphasize what it means for all of us to embody a particular life skill. There will be daily announcements, lunch time discussions and activities to educate and reinforce these skills. A schedule of skills and announcements regarding the program are located below.
8/27- 9/7 - Respect
9/10 - 9/21 - Caring
9/24 - 10/5 - Cooperation
10/8 - 10/92 - Effort
10/22 - 11/2 - Friendship
11/5 - 11/20 - Responsibility
11/ 26 - 12/7 - Flexibility
12/10 - 12/21 - Initiative/Courage
1/7 - 1/18 - Organization
1/21 - 2/1 - Patience
2/2 - 2/15 - Perseverance
2/18 - 3/1 - Sense of Humor
3/4 - 3/15 - Common Sense
3/18 - 3/29 Curiosity
4/1 - 4/12 - Integrity
4/15 - 4/26 - Pride
4/29 - 5/10 - Problem Solving
5/13 - 5/22 - Life Skills Recap
Flexibility means to be willing to alter plans when necessary.
A palm tree survives heavy storms because it bends with the wind instead of breaking under pressure. Similarly, you can show flexibility by adjusting to change the best you can and making the most of each situation.
This week's Life Skill Shout Outs go to:
- Riley M., Bryce B., Anna M., and Tenley S.
- Sam D., Brayden K., Lucas K., and Stella M.
- Owen W., Mollie K., Wesley M., and Lucas K.
- Adrianna E., Anessa C., Kaylee Z., and Henry R.
- Tessa M., Sam D., James S., and Anna M.
- Jason S., Tessa M., Connor L., and Angel G.
- Zaven K., Ryan A., Mallory J., and Kamrtyn S.
- Tessa M., Gabbie S., Aedyn M., and Grace W.
- Carder O., Riley M., Sam D., and Brynn C.