Counseling Office Hours:
7:00 am- 3:00 pm
How Do I See a Counselor?
Students: Come to the counseling office during your free period, lunch period or before and after school.
Please feel free to ask one of the secretaries for assistance. In most instances, they will be able to direct you to the right forms, procedures for classes and college prep information prior to seeing your counselor. We have an open door policy for students; however, counselors may not always be available for students when they stop by.
Parents: It's best to call the office to arrange an appointment to see your student's counselor. This ensures appropriate time allocated to your needs. Stopping by the office could result in long wait times or a counselor not available.
ICAP (Individualized Career and Academic Plan) The mission of Jeffco Public Schools is to provide a quality education that prepares all children for a successful future. Each student will have an Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) mapping out student's progress toward completing high school successfully and making meaningful career decisions. Creating this plan is a partnership between the student, parents and school staff. Questions regarding this process can be directed to your student's counselor. To complete this plan, Wheat Ridge High School utilizes the tool Naviance. You and your student can go the the Naviance website and log on to view the plan.
Need Credit Recovery?
GOT Program at McLain
- Attend a mandatory meeting on January 23rd, January 30th or February 13th. All meetings start promptly at 6:30pm. Plan on arriving early as doors lock at 6:30pm.
- Print and fill out your GOT Student / Family Application and ask your counselor for your transcript.
- $50 per .5 credit
North Area Night School (NANS)
- Housed at Arvada High School
- Enroll in person on January 12th, 2017 from 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Fill out the enrollment sheet: click here to download
- Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays and start on January 17th, 2017 and end April 27th, 2017 (Math and Science will only be held once a week)
- Cost $100 per 1/2 credit
- For more information - Information Sheet for North Area Night School (NANS)
Do You Need More Information About Teens & Anxiety?
Arvada West HS has invited WRHS parents to their Teens & Anxiety presentation on January 17th from 6-7:30pm located in the Arvada West library.