Family & Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse society. Our unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships.
The mission of Family & Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in Family & Consumer Sciences Education by providing opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments
- Successful life management, employment, and careers development
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.