January 23, 2019
- MLK quote of the day: “Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve”. Blood drive donors! Thank you for your willingness to donate tomorrow, please remember to eat heartily today and tomorrow, and hydrate well with water. Your time and donation will save up to 3 lives, and it is a great act of selflessness. If you are not signed up yet, or need to turn in a form, please do it today.
- Attention all students: If you were invited to the informational meeting to join Yearbook, please make sure to arrive in room B-135 at 7:45 am on Friday, January 25th. Please attend if you are interested in joining the class.
- This week is National Drug and Alcohol Facts week. We will share some drug facts daily that you may not know. Today’s topic is stimulants. Did you know that large amounts of caffeine can cause heart rhythm problems, high blood pressure, and can harm your cardiovascular system? Go see the displays at the front of the building for more information on a different topic each day.
- Hey Gators! Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? Well good news if you don't, we having a post-Valentine's Day Sadie Hawkins Dance!. This dance will take place on Friday, February 15th from 7-10 pm. Tickets will be $5.00. We would love it if you were there.
- Are you interested in quitting smoking or vaping? The Not On Tobacco group is starting January 31st. You can learn some effective quit methods in a group setting and make that New Years resolution a reality. See your nurse for more details and to sign up.
- Warren Tech is having an Open House on Thursday, January 24th from 5:00 - 8:00. Visit over 25 state-of-the-art programs... Meet Warren Tech staff and students... Parent information meetings... Check out the posters or stop by Counseling for more information!
- There will be a blood drive on January 24th from 8:30 am-1:00 pm in the small gym. If you are interested in saving up to 3 lives with one blood donation please see Ms. Rarich or Nurse Brandy to sign-up.
Spring sports online registration is now open. See Ms. Ahr if you have any questions. Spring sports include: baseball, girls soccer, girls tennis, girls golf, boys swimming, track & field.
4:00pm - Basketball: Girls Level 3 - SLHS Gym
5:30pm - Basketball: Girls JV - SLHS Gym
7:00pm - Basketball: Girls Varsity - SLHS Gym
4:30pm - Basketball: Boys Level 3 - Littleton HS
6:00pm - Basketball: Boys JV - Littleton HS
7:30pm - Basketball: Boys Varsity - Littleton HS
Lunch -Wednesday, January 23rd
Frito Pie, Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Italian Hoagie, Twisted Cheesy Breadsticks w/marinara sauce, Variety of fruits & Vegetables, Milk
Breakfast - Thursday, January 24th
Banana, Zucchini, Pumpkin or Blueberry Bread, Cinnamon or Powdered Mini Donuts, Cereal w/toast Cinnamon Roll, Breakfast Bar, Milk, Juice