Friday, March 22, 2019
- The Never Forgotten Scholarship
The Never Forgotten Fund was established to honor the lives of the thirteen victims at Columbine High School. Each year, twelve graduating high school seniors and one teacher are selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship award in memory of their lives.
- SLHS can nominate one student to apply for this scholarship. To be eligible, students must have at least a 3.0 GPA (unweighted), have a strong record of school and community involvement, and be planning to attend an accredited college or university full-time for the upcoming academic year. If you would like to be nominated, please pick up the nomination request form in the counseling center. Students must turn in their nomination request form to their counselor by the end of the day on Monday, April 1st.
- Attention seniors that missed the senior meeting; you must attend the senior meeting make-up on Tuesday, April 2nd during lunch. Please report to the Main Office conference room to meet with Mrs. Jordan regarding graduation.
- Prom guest forms are available at Ms. Ahr's desk. Theme & location will be announced later.
- Hey teachers and students – it’s time for ARTS DAY! Everyone is invited to come to the auditorium today to see performances by the choir, band, orchestra and the theatre students, and to see work from the visual arts classes on display. Performances will be on the stage every hour so come to the auditorium today to see the music and comedy performances and check out the visual arts display for ARTS DAY.
- The Butterfly Pavilion is accepting on-line applications for their Teen Volunteer Program. If you are interested in volunteering at the Butterfly Pavilion this summer you need to apply right away. Pick up a flyer in the Counseling Office for more information.
- Are you interested in CU Boulder? If so, sign up to attend the field trip to CU Boulder! We will tour campus, and meet with students from the Engineering Honors Program. Pick up a permission slip in the Counseling Office, and be sure to complete it by April 4th to save your spot.
- The Student Health Advisory Council is a council of students from across Jeffco Schools. Each year, they work in partnership with adults and the district to lead meaningful work for the health of your peers. Goals: giving youth a voice in health, and impacting the health of their peers. SHAC is an awesome opportunity to make a difference and to gain amazing professional and leadership skills. SHAC is now accepting applications! If you are interested in having a voice in health in our school district, and leading meaningful work for the health of other students, you should apply! Deadline to apply is March 31st. To learn more search Jeffco SHAC (S-H-A-C) online.
Yesterday our unified basketball team went undefeated. Winning 4 games at the Arvada West tournament! Way to go Gators!!
There will be an important meeting today for all returning boys’ basketball players in the Auditorium from 3:30-4:00 pm. If you cannot attend, please see Mr. Generose.
4:00pm - Girls Soccer: Varsity - NAAC Stadium
5:30pm - Girls Soccer: JV - SLHS Soccer Field
Saturday, March 23rd
11:00am - Baseball: JV - SLHS Baseball Field
Lunch - Friday, March 22nd
Home-style Mac & Cheese, Boneless Chicken Wing, En Fuego Burrito, Yogurt Parfait w/whole strawberries, Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza, variety of fruit and vegetables and milk
Breakfast - Monday, April 1st
French Toast Sticks, Cereal w/toast, Cinnamon Roll, Breakfast Bar, Variety of fruits and vegetables, milk, juice