Cooperative Decision Making and Accountability (CDMA) at Ralston
The CDMA team serves as a venue for parents, teachers and administration to discuss and accomplish goals and objectives set forth by the district, faculty and parents. The CDMA team approach is also intended to encourage shared leadership among staff and parents; align faculty committee work with district initiatives; and accomplish goals and objectives with both students' best interests and efficiency as priorities.
Specifically, Jefferson County requires each school to have an organized CDMA team which is responsible for taking a role in writing and signing off on the school's Unified Improvement Plan.
CDMA is co-facilitated by: Ralston's principal and a parent Chairperson.
- Any parent wanting to be involved with the CDMA team may become a member of CDMA. Parents are encouraged to make a commitment to attend as many CDMA meetings as possible throughout the year. This consistency facilitates a forum where meaningful, productive discussions add value to the community.
- Parents are also welcome to attend the CDMA meetings on a topical basis as topics that they have an interest in discussing are included on the agenda.
- Teacher representatives from the primary and intermediate classrooms are recruited by the principal.
- Education support staff is recruited by the principal.
The CDMA’s goals this year include assisting the Principal in completing the Unified Improvement Plan and promoting the awareness of CDMA as a venue for faculty, parents and community members to discuss items that deserve diverse and thoughtful input.
How to become a CDMA parent member: Please contact the CDMA parent chairperson and discuss your interests and your name will be added to the CDMA team.
How to bring up a topic for discussion on the monthly CDMA Agenda. Please contact the Principal (Dawn Odean- email@example.com) or CDMA Parent Chairperson (2013-2014) - Becky Bosch- firstname.lastname@example.org).
When and where are CDMA meetings held? The 3rd Thursday morning of each month. 7:30 AM in the Ralston Library. All members of the Ralston Community are welcome to attend. October 17th, November 21st, December 19th, January 16th, February 20th, March 20th, April 17th, and May 15th
What are some examples of past initiatives and topics that CDMA has impacted?
- AM/PM Safety Procedures
-Impact of Attendance
- Transitions to Middle School
- Bully Prevention
- Parking lot Hug and Go
- Allergy Awareness Guidelines
-Ralston Marketing Brochure