"We support, develop, and implement policies and practices that encourage 21st century skills and respond to the diverse gifts and talents in learners from all cultures, racial and ethnic backgrounds, and socioeconomic groups. Jeffco Schools' Educational Research and Design Gifted and Talented team supports and engages in research and professional development, community outreach, advocacy, communication, and collaboration with all stakeholders to improve the quality of education for all learners. By nurturing potential through challenging, meaningful and respectful learning experiences, we support creative producers, responsible problem solvers and autonomous learners in a global community." -Jeffco GT Website
Prospect Valley GT/ALP Building Liaison
Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns, comments or celebrations!
Please include the NAME of your student, GRADE level and TEACHER in your e-mail
Follow the link below to be added to the District GT e-mail list:
Prospect Valley Schoolwide Agreement to Meet the Needs of Advanced Learners
1. Our classroom teachers will provide the bulk of differentiated instruction for all students including advanced learners.
2. Our staff will remain committed to expanding their knowledge of differentiating for advanced learners. We will continue to participate in professional development to further our knowledge in this area.
3. As a school, we will communicate with parents of advanced learners on a regular basis around how they can provide enrichment opportunities for their child at home.
4. We will provide an advanced math class in each of the intermediate grades. Placement in these classes will be based on data. In the primary grades, math instruction will be differentiated to challenge students at their levels.
5. Teachers may choose to work with a parent volunteer who presents academic enrichment opportunities for students, limited to one day per week. These activities are planned by the classroom teacher to best meet the students' needs and to support and enrich core instruction.
6. Prospect Valley will remain committed to providing a wide range of academic enrichment opportunities for students. These may include after school clubs, extra-curricular activities, and other opportunities which help our students increase their thinking, reasoning, and academic skill levels.
7. Students will be grouped in classrooms according to their advanced skill level area when possible. Many students are considered advanced in several areas and in this case, teachers will group students accordingly.
8. Prospect Valley will remain committed to providing a rigorous and challenging academic experience for all students.