- I received my BA in Physics from Middlebury College in Vermont; while there I took almost enough Math for a double major, and minored in Russian Literature (in translation).
- I received my Teaching License in Secondary Science from CU Boulder. I student taught Physics and Earth Science at Westminster High School and Longs Peak Middle School.
- I received my M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction in Secondary Science from CU Boulder in 2004. I have 12 graduate hours in Physics in addition to Science Education Theory classes.
- I started teaching in 1991 at North Arvada Junior High (that was before it was a Middle School). I taught physical science and earth science.
- I taught earth science for a year at Arvada High School, before applying to teach at Standley Lake.
- I have been at Standley Lake since 1994, taking a few years off to stay at home with my kids. I have taught earth science, modern physics, physics, AP physics B, AP Physics C: Mechanics, and AP Physics 1. I love Standley's students and staff, and consider myself fortunate to be able to share a subject that I love with my students.
- I am a member of the American Association of Physics Teachers as well as several online Physics/AP Physics teacher communities, and a regular attendee of the Denver Area Physics Teachers meetings.
- I love to read mysteries and spy novels, and to watch movies. "Star Wars" (episode IV) is my favorite movie of all time, although I also love the "Avengers" movies.
- I enjoy being active outside and doing the Bolder Boulder race each year.
- Our household has two cats, a parakeet, and thousands of legos.