Future iSTEM Bobcats Update:
District Choice Enrollment link: http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/enrollment/forms/
- iSTEM Application window for 6th - 8th grades: November 21, 2014 - January 30, 2015
- Available seats for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades will be expanded from last year. The opportunity to join iSTEM as a choice student is very good at these grade levels.
- Choice Enrollment applications: The district 1st round Choice enrollment window is January 7 - 30, 2015.
Anyone who applies for choice enrollment during this window will be selected by lottery for available iSTEM seats, following the district protocol for choice on the link listed above.
- Who needs a Choice application submitted?
- 7th and 8th grade
students who do NOT have Bell as their home school.
grade students who do NOT have Mitchell as their home school elementary.
- The EXPLORE test, noted below, is optional
Acceptance notifications for all iSTEM applicants will be sent out between February 2 - 11, 2015.
Optional Body of Evidence demonstrating your fit with iSTEM:
Explore Test (must sign up by Nov. 21)
5th grade TCAP achievement and growth scores
Most recent grade report
Student Created Artifact : a design plan, technology, problem-solving , or other example of innovative, creative work. Possible formats include jpg, doc., docx., web address to a Google site or YouTube.
Submit BOE electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org; include student name in subject line
- an instructional model emphasizing the rigorous content and skills of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- a cross content approach to Jeffco curriculum using problem-based learning (PBL).
- student centered, inquiry based, collaborative and develops critical thinking.
- Language Arts and Social Studies are fully integrated into our STEM program.
- reading and writing in the STEM curriculum allow students to develop proficiency in drawing inferences, analyzing data, complex problem-solving, and deepening conceptual knowledge.
- using digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively.
- technology is integrated as a common instructional tool.
Who is an iSTEM student?
You are a GREAT FIT if you are....
- passionate about science and math
- a motivated, independent learner
- persistent and curious
- comfortable using a variety of technology
Please contact Susan Arntson with questions: email@example.com