iSTEM Summer Camp
A Summer STEM Camp for incoming 7th grade iSTEM students will be held from August 3 -6, 2015 in Golden, CO.
Please check here frequently for updated information on this camp and how to register.
Future iSTEM Bobcats:
District Choice Enrollment link: http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/enrollment/forms/
- The iSTEM Application window for 6th - 8th grades currently is open until August 2015. This is a 2nd Round enrollment window and your student will be placed on a wait list for the appropriate grade level .
- If a seat becomes available, you will be contacted via email. Please check your email at the end of each month through the summer for communications.
- Choice enrollment applications: The district 2nd round Choice enrollment window is also open until August 2015. Please use the link below to determine if you will need a Choice application to Bell Middle School along with your iSTEM application.
Anyone who applies for choice enrollment during this window will be selected for available iSTEM seats following the district protocol for choice on the link listed above.
- Who needs a Choice application submitted?
- 7th and 8th grade
students who do NOT have Bell as their home school. If you have choiced into your current elementary school, you will need to "re-choice" into Bell if it is not your home middle school.
grade students who do NOT have Mitchell as their home school elementary.
Acceptance notifications for available iSTEM seats will be sent out the last week of May, June, and July 2015.
Optional Body of Evidence demonstrating your fit with iSTEM:
Explore Test (must sign up by Nov. 21)
5th grade TCAP achievement and growth scores
Most recent grade report
Student Created Artifact : a design plan, technology, problem-solving , or other example of innovative, creative work. Possible formats include jpg, doc., docx., web address to a Google site or YouTube.
Submit BOE electronically to email@example.com; include student name in subject line
- an instructional model emphasizing the rigorous content and skills of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
- a cross content approach to Jeffco curriculum using problem-based learning (PBL).
- student centered, inquiry based, collaborative and develops critical thinking.
- Language Arts and Social Studies are fully integrated into our STEM program.
- reading and writing in the STEM curriculum allow students to develop proficiency in drawing inferences, analyzing data, complex problem-solving, and deepening conceptual knowledge.
- using digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively.
- technology is integrated as a common instructional tool.
Who is an iSTEM student?
You are a GREAT FIT if you are....
- passionate about science and math
- a motivated, independent learner
- persistent and curious
- comfortable using a variety of technology
Please contact Susan Arntson with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org