Devices in iSTEM:
If you would like your student to have a personal device for their technology needs this year, we suggest the Chromebook, the iPAD, and the Mini-iPAD as the best choices for the work that your student will do. It is not a requirement that students have personal devices for this program.
7th & 8th grade iSTEM students:
here are links to your Summer Prep assignments:
All Summer Prep Assignments will have an extended Due Date! Please complete what you are able to get done, and your teachers will support work completion during the first two weeks of school.
What is iSTEM?
- an instructional model emphasizing the rigorous content and skills of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Problem-Based Learning (PBL) - a cross content approach to Jeffco curriculum
- Inquiry based, Collaborative, Critical Thinking, Student centered
- Language Arts and Social Studies are fully integrated into our STEM program
and writing in the STEM curriculum develops
proficiency in drawing inferences, analyzing data, complex
problem-solving, and deepening conceptual knowledge technology is integrated as a common instructional tool.
- Technology is an instructional tool; using digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively
Who is an iSTEM student?
You are a GREAT FIT if you are....
- passionate about science and math
- a motivated, independent learner
- persistent and curious
- comfortable using a variety of technology
Future iSTEM Bell Bobcats:
Please check back regularly for updates to our application process for 2016-2017.
- The iSTEM Application window for 6th - 8th grades will open in the fall of 2015 for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Choice enrollment applications: The district Choice enrollment window will open in January 2016 for the 2016-2017 school year.. Please use the link below to determine if you will need a Choice application to Bell Middle School along with your iSTEM application.
- District Choice Enrollment link: http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/enrollment/forms/ Anyone who applies for choice enrollment during this window will be selected for available iSTEM seats following the district protocol for choice on the link listed above.
- Who needs a Choice application submitted?
- 7th and 8th grade
students who do NOT have Bell as their home school. If you have choiced into your current elementary school, you will need to "re-choice" into Bell if it is not your home middle school.
grade students who do NOT have Mitchell as their home school elementary.
Please contact Susan Arntson with questions: email@example.com