MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
If you are concerned about a crisis outside of school hours, please contact 911 or one of the following resources:
Jefferson Center for Mental Health: 24/7 phone support for those in crisis (303) 425-0300
Colorado Crisis Services: phone or text message support for mental health, substance use or emotional help
1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text the word "Talk" to the number 38255
**GMHS offers a variety of mental health support groups for students who request it. The age of consent for a student to receive counseling services without parental consent is 15 in CO. If you have questions or do not wish for your student to participate in any support groups with or without your consent, please contact your student's grade-level counselor.
COUNSELOR REQUEST FORM- If you are in 9th or 10th grade ONLY and would like to talk to your counselor, fill out this form to be called out of class. If this is an emergency, come to the counseling office immediately.
Counseling Department Announcements
- GMHS Senior Survey and Naviance/ICAP Directions
- MUST BE COMPLETED TO WALK IN GRADUATION!
- NEW this year: we will be including "Letters from Loved Ones" in the seniors' graduation packet. Any loved one (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, godparents, family friends, etc) can write a letter to the graduate with words of wisdom to take with them as they transition out of high school. Please bring letters in an envelope with the student's name on the outside to the counseling office by Friday May 10.
- Don't forget to check the Future Center Website regularly for scholarships and other useful information!
- For more information on applying to college, requesting transcripts, looking for scholarships, and anything college related, check out the CLASS OF 2019 WEBSITE