Counseling Mission Statement
Our mission in the Falcon Bluffs School Counseling Department is to provide services that help support and enhance the personal growth and development of our students. Our counseling program is designed to enrich their academic, social, career, and personal strengths in order to become successful students and citizens within our community.
Goals of the Counseling Department
The primary goal of the school counseling program is to promote the intellectual, emotional, and the social growth of all students. The goals of our counseling department are broken into three developmental domains.
- To help students understand themselves as learners and encourage them to develop skills that will enable them to reach their academic potential.
- To assess student academic performance through a variety of measures.
- To identify factors that impact the students learning and determine a course of action to provide appropriate support.
- To help students navigate through programs and academics in order to help them reach their future academic and career goals.
- To assess students' personal interests and aptitude in relation to career interest via ICAP and Naviance programs.
- To help students discover the working world through various career resources and exposure to a wide spectrum of career choices.
- To help students learn and understand the opportunities available after high school in terms of community colleges, 4 year universities, vocational schools, etc.
- To assist students in developing positive interpersonal relationship skills that enable the student to be culturally aware and respectful of all students.
- To assist students in becoming aware of one's beliefs and interests and to develop a positive self-image.