Principal: Rod Pugnetti
Assistant Principal: Michele RodriguezAssistant Principal: Megan Madsen
School Hours: 7:20 am- 2:20 pm
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
12550 W 52nd Ave
Arvada, CO 80002
Parents, please read.
We appreciate your support and would like to encourage you to review the expectations of cell phone use at school with your child. Thanks so much! Drake is committed in offering a distraction free learning environment.
1. We DO NOT recommend electronic devices/games (especially cameras, cell phones, iTouch and iPods) or other battery-powered devices be brought to school. If they are, they must be kept out of sight at all times during school hours. From the moment the first bell rings to the ringing of the last bell, these items should be in student lockers – turned off and out of sight. This includes lunchtime and recess. If any device is seen or heard by a staff member, it will be confiscated and held in the main office. The school is not responsible for lost, broken, or stolen items that are brought to school against our recommendation.
2. Cell phone are to be used for educational purposes only! All other uses (texting included) by students during school hours is strictly prohibited. Again, if students bring cell phones to school they should be silent and locked in lockers during school hours (including the lunch/recess time). Unless specified by a teacher for educational purposes. Staff members will confiscate phones that are being used or that are heard during the course of the school day.
Repeated violation of this policy will result in possible disciplinary action:
· phone will be confiscated for the day
· phone will be confiscated for the day and parent will need to pick up
· assigned after school detention
· cell phone must be turned into and kept in the office during the school day
· assigned in or out-of-school suspension.
Please DO NOT text your child during the school day.
If students need to use a phone during the day, they should report to the front office. Parents needing to get in contact with their child during the school day due to emergencies should call the main office 303-982-1510. Hopefully, these calls will be limited in number and used sparingly to avoid class disruptions.