It is very important that the document below, at the bottom of the page, be communicated to all students and parents.
· The conduct code must be accessed from the Jeffco link. Please do not download to your school web site. When changes are made to the conduct code, we want to make sure each school is getting the correct information.
· Each school must provide alternative methods to access the Conduct Code for parents who do not have internet connectivity. Examples may include having computers at school for parents/students to use to access the Code or have several hard copies available in the office. Please list the ways that families can access the conduct code in your letter.
· There will not be a required paper sign-off sheet acknowledging the reading of the Conduct Code. Each school is allowed to determine whether or not they would like students to sign in during the Conduct Code presentations at their sites.
· Please insert your school’s information in the highlighted areas. If there are questions, please have families contact your school, not the discipline office.
· The new law also requires that all schools must ensure that students understand the Code and therefore, age appropriate instruction should be developed that would accomplish this.
The paragraph contained in the document links at the bottom of the page is intended to provide families with information about the online conduct code. This is intended to replace the signature pages previously used and should be clearly communicated to parents and students.