D'Evelyn Jr./Sr High School
College Planning Timeline for Seniors
- Meet with your counselor in the beginning of the year to discuss your college plan.
- Please list all of the colleges you are applying to in Naviance under the Colleges I am Applying To.
- Pay close attention to all deadlines and requirements. College application deadlines can start as early as November 1st!
- Attend college visits at D'Evelyn in the Counseling Office and other college information sessions around Denver.
- Attend the In-State and Out-of-State College Fairs.
- Consider taking the SAT or ACT again if you think you can improve your scores
- Determine if you will be using the Common Application (www.commonapp.org). This can save you time if you are applying to two or more schools that take the Common Application.
- In Naviance, go to Colleges I'm Applying To and match your Common App account to your Naviance account.
- You need to complete the Education section and the Recommenders and Ferpa section in Common App before being able to match your Common App account.
- Start completing college applications online.
- Determine which teachers you would like to request a letter of recommendation from.
- There are multiple Common App schools that require counselor letters of recommendation as well, so talk to your counselor to see if one is necessary.
- Finish Revising your college essays.
- Apply to college.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1st.
- Do your best on final exams!!
- Research and begin applying for scholarships.
- Enjoy Winter Break :)
- Mrs. Brown will automatically send mid-year forms and transcripts to all Common App colleges. You do not need to request them.
- If you did not apply to your college via Common App and you need a mid-year transcript sent, please put in your request to Mrs. Brown in person.
- Remember that your senior year grades matter - colleges can and will take back acceptances.
- Make your final college choice.
- Update all of the schools to which you have been admitted, waitlisted, or denied in Naviance.
- Complete your Senior Exit Survey in Naviance
- Bring ALL letters regarding scholarships and financial awards to Mrs. Brown to include in the graduation program.
Find more information about the College Timeline here.
Click to find information on the Senior Year College Application Guide.