Freshmen & Sophomore Years
D'Evelyn Jr./Sr. High School
College Planning Timeline for Freshmen & Sophomores
- Attend the annual D'Evelyn College Day. Details announced in the fall.
- This is the year your transcript starts, so every grade from now until you graduate will become a permanent addition to your official record.
- Establish good habits in the classroom.
- Follow your passions and interests.
- Attend a Career Exploration Lunch and a Career Shadow Day to explore your potential career interests.
- Consider the D'Evelyn graduation requirements before selecting or changing any classes.
- Understand the Higher Education Admission Recommendations and the Colorado Department of Education graduation guidelines.
- Participate in school and community activities.
- Become involved in extra-curricular activities, sports, and/or community service.
- Take standardized achievement tests seriously (SAT & ACT).
- Do something meaningful over your summers.
- Explore college and career options on Naviance.
- Attend the annual D'Evelyn College Day.
- Attend college visits at D'Evelyn in the Counseling Office.
- Attend a Career Exploration Lunch and a Career Shadow Day.
- Take the PSAT 10 in April. Students do not need to register for this test.
- Choose classes wisely for your junior year.
- Start meeting with your counselor to discuss any questions you may have and start formulating your college plan.
- Visit some colleges over the summer to get a feel for different kinds of campuses.
- Consider getting a job and/or doing volunteer work that would support your career goals.
- If you have taken an AP test consider taking the corresponding SAT subject test by signing up at www.collegebaord.org.
Click here for more information about the Freshmen & Sophomore Timeline.