Mission: Always striving to be a caring, learning community, focusing on an innovative, challenging curriculum and preparing all of our students emotionally, intellectually, and physically for success today and tomorrow.
Hello Conifer Family and Friends, this is Principal Paxton with
your weekly update on news and information for the week of
Monday, August 24th through Sunday, August 30th.
• We’re off to a great start to the school year! I really
appreciate the leadership role our seniors have taken this
year, which includes showing lots of school spirit at this
past week’s Rite of Passage Ceremony.
• I’d also like to give a shout out to all the staff that wore
their college T-shirts to school today. This is a great way to
make connections between students and staff about a
teacher’s alma mater.
• Parents and Students: In order to meet CDE Instructional
Minutes, the school day was extended by 20 minutes on
Green Days and ends at 2:35. Thank you for your
• Parents: The Conifer Lobos Unified Boosters needs your
help on Saturday, August 22nd. They need available parents
to help paint trim on the new team shelters on Lobo Field,
with work beginning at 1:00 p.m. If you’re available, please
wear your painting clothes and bring your paintbrush.
• Parents and students: Wednesday, Aug. 26th is our first
Late Start Green Day – students need to report for
Seminar by 8:20. However, busses will run on their regular
• Parents: Thursday, Aug. 27th is Back to School Night:
o The schedule for the evening is:
o 5:45 – 6:10 Clubs & Activities Information tables in
o 6:10 – 6:25 Welcome speech in the cafeteria
o 6:30 – 8:10 Parents are encouraged to walk
through their child’s schedule
o Parents are strongly encouraged to bring a print out
of your child’s schedule with you to Back to School
• Parents and Students: Lobo gear will be on sale during the
evening of Back to School night. Purchase your gear on
Thursday evening and wear it with pride!
• Monday, Aug. 24th - The Conifer Lady Lobos Softball Team
plays Kennedy High School on the Conifer Softball field, 4:00
Varsity, 5:30 JV
• Also on Monday, the Lobos Golf team travels to Coal Creek
Golf Course. First round starts at 8:30 a.m.
• Thursday, August 27th – At 6:30 p.m., the Lobos Varsity
Soccer Team plays Summit High School on Lobo Field. This is
a special game with it being the first event under the new
lights. Go Lobos!
• Friday, August 28th, the Lobos Cross Country Team competes
in the Cheyenne Mountain Stampede at 2:00 p.m. at the
Norris Penrose Equestrian Center.
• Students: Purchase an Activity Card for $50.00 and you’ll
have free admissions to all regular season Jeffco games for